Saturday, November 18, 2006

Sunny Saturday


Yes, it's true. The sun shinning makes all the difference. I look out the back window and see the sun on the reeds over at Shane's, the great fir trees, well, the whole landscape makes my heart sing. Wahoo. I should hop to it and take a picture to share with you. Just a minute.....

Yup. I succeeded in taking the picture even though my batteries were low. They are in the charger now, so the next time I have an impulse to take a picture, I can do it. The actual scene is much brighter, but you can get the idea from this.

All this technology stuff is such a miracle. I didn't have to take the picture, finish the roll of film, take it to the store to leave it to be developed, get it back and try to remember why I took all those pictures... No. I run to the kitchen window, snap a picture, attach the camera by a wire to the computer, voila.... instant gratification. Marvelous.

Change of subject.... Dear Abby told Jim Carey (via TV) that she believed disorganization was related to creativity, so he was not to be too hard on himself if he wasn't organized because his creativity was the payoff. Wow. I will have to think about that a bit. Anyone who has seen the room that I call "the Vicki Room" will know why I ponder this idea. I think I called it that to let George off the hook. He has no responsibility for the chaos that reigns in MY room.

There is a bit of that feeling from Virginia Wolffe, too, that every woman should have a room of her own. I, actually, have several rooms of my own. If I had my way I would probably spread throughout the whole house. Woe, woe, woe is me. Luckily I have a neat husband who keeps pecking away at me to shape up. Almost 53 years of pecking haven't been too successful, but we are still married, so at least we are still trying.

My art room is much more organized than the Vicki room. As I am involved in any one discipline of art, I organize and put away the tools for use in other art disciplines. In this way there is an ongoing organization that helps keep chaos at bay. The Vicki Room is mainly for storage of stuff, and that gets away from me. In the center sits the computer, on the periphery many bookshelves. And as I sit at the computer I look out at the marvelous view. But around me is a seeming chaos that is becoming a real chaos. I definitely need to do something about it so that it can take a pause before becoming chaos again. Sigh.

When pigs fly, as they say. Have a good day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad the sun is shining...it isn't here in vancouver but it's not raining either. we've had bad rain and wind storms for the last few weeks and in the vancouver area we have to boil our tap water. i went out and bought a 5 gal. jug so i hope it will last for a while. mind you, zola seems to be thirstier these days. love your blog. may the sun always shine upon you. barb

Anonymous said...

Carl and I went to see Stranger than Fiction today. I loved it,
Carl actually liked it - not his type of movie.
All the actors were great - a very strange story - I came away feeling that thing we all know - that a few seconds of difference can change our whole lives - and also that lifeis to be LIVED and that we all bear some responsibility for the other, and that selfless acts reap rewards for everybody. The domino effect is real. It was listed as a comedy - well it was funny, but more sweet than funny. Funny sweet, sweet funny. Whatever.
Love, Carol

Anonymous said...

Yesterday was a glorious day! I maveled at the sun as I drove to Morris to see the High school production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". I never tire of seeing this show-from the Historic State theatre to a school production-3 times so far! I am going outside today to enjoy the day again!