Tuesday, December 19, 2006

school bus

It has been many years since I thought about school buses. I took our grandson to meet the bus this morning. It comes to the corner just one house away, but he has to be accompanied by an adult, which is a good thing. We meet it at 3:15 in the afternoon, and if his adult isn't there to meet it, the boy won't be dropped off. Such care has to be taken to insure safety these days. I approve wholeheartedly. He ordinarily doesn't get to ride the bus, so he is really excited and glad about it. Grandparents are the greatest! Wahoo.

About the pie we made yesterday. I bought crust already in the pie pan ready to go. It was terrible. The pie "innards" were very good. I called my pal Carol to get basic instructions as I couldn't find the cookbooks here, and it went fine. It will take me awhile to figure out where everything is. Makes life very interesting.

Barb: paper mache is not one of the things I plan to do. Been there, failed at that. I would have to be really desperate to try it again!

I really miss my gym buddies. Hope you are all fine. Send me an e-mail so I have your addresses... I usually use my address book to write to you, and I don't have access to that here. Are you getting excited about Christmas shopping and decorating and food, etc.? Take a moment out every now and then to think about the meaning of the great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to know if my child were dropped off that "yes" an adult was right there to receive him and usher him safely home. There are just too many wierdos out there!

E-mail address is heritage@gctel.com

When Barb mentioned about your paper mache project I thought that was pretty funny!!!!! I can almost envision that funny scene!

Anonymous said...

How did you ever get to do anything but diabetes stuff. It impinges on my time something awful. Boring. But my e-mails will fill you in.

Anonymous said...

Hello Vicki! Back on USA soil-loved the trip but always glad to be home. So much to tell you and show you along with everyone at the gym.

email address: jklarson@gctel.net

It may be a few days before I get back to the gym-so much to do from being away for 15 days-not to mention got very sick on the plane ride home and having a hard time shaking it!

bananafish said...

JEALOUS!!!!!!! one more week to go here in tz. missing you all and will be thinking of you on christmas. give my love to the fam, nay