Saturday, December 02, 2006

Yes, second try...



On TV there are sad tales of ice storms, snow blizzards, all kinds of severe weather all around the U. S., and here in northern Minnesota, this is the extent of the snow. We do have temperatures in the teens and single digits, but no blizzards. It is pathetic! Will we have a dry winter? I hope not. I await the white stuff.

We composed our Christmas letter today. Later I might include it as a blog, but not quite yet, as it will spoil the impact of getting it in the mail for those of you who will receive it later. It is a masterpiece, of course, so I suppose you will await it anxiously. Right.

First Sunday in Advent tomorrow, and our Advent Breakfast on Monday. Those of you within driving distance are invited. 9 o'clock sharp. Egg bake for breakfast and then, yours truly is giving a program! It doesn't get much better than this. Sad, but true!

The news we await in the advent season, however, really is the best news ever! The messenger may be faulty, but the news.... always the best. We celebrate the good news of Christ's coming into this poor old world. Wahoo and double wahoo. Have a good day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we have not a flake of snow in Minneapolis....sounds like that could be made into a lyric for a smash song.

Anonymous said...

If I were going to be here I would love to hear the message from the "great" messanger! I will think of you while I am gone!