Tuesday, December 05, 2006

snow, beautiful snow


We finally got snow yesterday. It was very cold and windy. If we had had more snow we might have had a blizzard... but I do love the look of the white stuff.

It was a full day yesterday. The Advent breakfast went very well. I managed to tell the story to every one's satisfaction and, of course, the food was good. A great way to start off the advent season!

At one o'clock was the funeral of Kermit Zickur. Christina Lake Church was packed both upstairs and downstairs for the tribute to this very active and appreciated man. Then, at 4:30 was the meeting of our Evansville Arts Coalition. We are planning some wonderful events for the new year. I will try to keep you posted. Life is ongoing...

Shout out to Shirley. I got in touch with her after a long time because I saw her son at the funeral and it reminded me to send her an e-mail and I heard back. Always fine to get in touch with old friends!

Take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your storytelling went well as always. I was reading Naomi's blog --she says Tony is coming home. How come? F

bananafish said...

Hey Mom, well it will be quite an adjustment from mud to snow! enjoy your white Christmas, I will be enjoying a green one here! love, naomi