Wednesday, December 27, 2006

wow

Well, we made it. We have been married for 53 years. Today we are sitting in our son's family home with our grandson coughing in the background. He is busily watching cartoons and we are eating breakfast. That is, George is eating breakfast and I am drinking coffee and blogging. John and Beth are off to work.

I have lined up an art project for Matthew and I t0 do. Not paper mache, Barb, but something akin to that. It is called cotton linting. You buy some cotton linting stuff, put it in the blender with water... blend, drain, and put in a cast. Let dry and then take it out of the cast. There are many places where this could go wrong. I found it in Michael's @ with all kinds of further applications we could buy if it works and we enjoy doing it. Time will tell.

Hats off to Naomi who will be back in the states soon. Have a safe trip.

Take care.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and George! 53 years is an accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you to get 53 years. I was pleased to get to 40 years married. So many of my friends lost their husbands in WW11. Congrats. Hope to get to see Naomi who should be here on Saturday, Fran

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki,
Congratulations on your anniversary! We sure miss you at excercise. I think your art project sounds so interesting. The blender part especially. ( :
Karen came back yesterday, it is good to see her back safe and sound, especially considering she took her life in her own hands by bungie jumping 700 ft. up in the air! Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Karen: What's this about bungie jumping? Clear that up, please!

Anonymous said...

Just to be clear ~ Barb was talking about karen L. She bungie jumped off a bridge in South Africa. She says she has the DVD to watch! We definitely need to see that one!!! She is more WOMAN than I!!!!

Happy Anniversary!!!! Hat's off to you two for sticking it out through thick and thin, which every marriage goes through. But then I'm sure being married to you is a cake walk with just a few minor speed bumps.

Well, I need to get my speed bump moving and get ready for dinner tonight. Going to Leaf Valley Mercantile for Mary Walters Birthday dinner with some other couples. Should be fun.

Love to you
Karen W

Anonymous said...

Yes Vicki-Jeff and I bungee jumped off a 709 ft bridge in SA-What a rush! Never thought I would do it-you'll have to see the video and pic's when you get back.

bananafish said...

hey mom and dad, way to go on the 53 years. you're the greatest! nay