Sunday, February 04, 2007

Football Fever

I have to admit that I get caught up in the Super Bowl mania like so many other folks. George insists he does not like professional football, but I cannot be blase about it. I love all the hoopla and fun surrounding the games. I intend to pop some corn and glue myself to the set!

It is an extremely cold day. We had four females here visiting from Friday night through this morning. They are very courageous to set out in the cold, but have had no difficulties so far. It was exciting to have little ones here again playing with the ancient Fisher Price house and little wooden occupants of that house with their furniture and dog and car. Also the tinker toys and forest friends board game. All good. We also watched "Babe" and "Babe: Pig in the City." And ran around and giggled and tickled and shouted and had a great time! So cute. Naomi and her friend and two little girls.. four years and two years old. Adorable and fun. Great. Three of the four visitors have birthdays in February, so I made a birthday cake and we had multitudinous candles and sang Happy Birthday. Fun!!!!!!!!!!

Now it seems very quiet. Living in a small town is also extremely quiet as there are not the sirens and other sounds that one hears in the city. The snow is pristinely white. All is quiet until I start shouting at the TV screen this afternoon. I have decided to be a Colts' fan as I like Tony Dungy and remember when he was here as one of the coaches of the Vikings. Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Coooooooooooooooooooooolts. Yeah, man!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At this moment the Colts are ahead. I, however am for the Bears. Although when I lived there I was more interested in Basketball because it was Michael Jordan time. We are in the second quarter. I hook on my rug while I look. Fran.