Monday, February 19, 2007

Today

I arrived at the gym this morning and went around the circle of machines once, having my usual good time when I realized I didn't feel very well. I went home, and then realized I hadn't remembered (!) to eat breakfast. Someone with diabetes should know that that is a no-no, but it simply escaped my attention. So I ate a piece of bread with peanut butter (not the brands that are thought to cause poisoning) and soon felt better! I got busy doing some projects that I am involved with, made lunch, and then started re-reading one of my favorite books.

It is "The Bean Trees" by Barbara Kingsolver. It's the kind of book that makes you glad that you are able to read. Thrilled, actually, and wishing you could also write like her. What fabulous writing. I have not been such a fan of her later books, but her first ones are aces.

On Wednesday my book club is coming to my house for a meeting. Two of our members have been in India for a month, and I was in Virginia for the month before that, so it is two plus months since we have met. We will be discussing "The Ladder of Years" by Anne Tyler. Pretty good, but not a favorite. I am eager to see what we each of us has to say about it and about our lives in general. The fourth member of our group has been struggling as her spouse has been ill. We are our own support group, all in the guise of a book club!

Take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read your book club book. Wish I could be there on Wednesday. Say hello to what used to be my book club, too. Fran

bananafish said...

take care of yourself for pete's sake! eat breakfast! love, nay