Friday, February 23, 2007

Workshop Day

I'm getting geared up for a one day workshop in New York Mills. That's the town that has the Great American Think-off. Today they are involved in an art day. I love art workshops.

Today is going to be a strange conglomeration of feeling adequate and inadequate. When I first started this art stuff, I was always the new gal on the block, not knowing anything about anything. Now I am the old-timer who is usually in the know and helping others get settled. I love that. But more than that, I love learning new ways to make art.

I will report later on what I have learned and try to post an art "thing" in the new technique I will be learning. I am glad the big snow isn't supposed to come until tonight and tomorrow. And I am glad the big snow is coming. We can use all the moisture we can get. Take care and don't get stuck in any snow drifts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many workshops to which I went with you...let me count the ways. I have put out two of my portraits from out ten lesson workshop at Alex. tech college. Take notes, there'll be a quiz. Fran

Anonymous said...

I put the( to which) I went to avoid ending up with a proposition,,turned out as clumsy as it was possibile to turn.

bananafish said...

i love nerdy English grammar talk Aunt Fran, you're the best! after you of course Mom!