Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ah, the red, red rose...?



As I look out my window I see this fabulous row of gorgeous red flowers. They are an exotic peony raised by Monty as I understand it. I believe I am the only person who gets to look out at their glory each day, and I truly appreciate them. We share the garden with our neighbor, and so I get the best of two gardening worlds. Well - actually three, as Monty's part of the garden is only this row of peonies, I think. They are spectacular, however, and I truly appreciate them. Thank you, Monty!

You might also notice the green sward of grass. In the midst of terrible sciatica/bursitis pain semi-controlled with pain killers, George still manages to mow and fertilize, etc. He has also tilled the garden and played a bit of golf. When I protest that he might take it a bit easier, he says, "But it has to be done." Right. I shouldn't complain, I get to look out at the beauty.

My job, now, is to get my brain back up and running and get back to my life. It is hard as I run out of energy very quickly. Patience. Thanks, Izzy, for passing on your mom's dictums. My mom said the same to me and I to my kids. A universal momism do you suppose? Nevertheless, very true. I will try to follow it. I am certainly relishing food. I am trying to get the water down. That is harder for me. Onward and upward.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. Keep it up! and... Take care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are great. We are having a lovely rainy spell which is sorely neeeded. Today is Farmer's market day so I load up on fresh fruit and veggies. love, Fran.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Are those flowers gorgeous or what???? They look like the fern peony to me. . . right? I have one at the old house which I plan to relocate to the new house.

Thanks for you chat this morning. You are always a ray of sunshine for me!!

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to the day the 3 of us have coffee at KW's house....I am holding you to that-both of you!

bananafish said...

okay mom, it's FRIDAY, where is your new post??? j/k but i do love to check up on you through your blog. i run my 5k tomorrow: yikes