Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Okay, already!



There always has to be an upside to everything. All those days of nausea when I could barely nibble on a graham cracker paid off. I went from being an inchworm to being a butterfly at the gym! I have lost a total of 43 1/2 inches since April of 2002. That's also 34 pounds. The good thing is they don't renege. If (!) I should gain back an ounce or two (or an inch or two) they won't make me go back to being an inchworm. I am forever a butterfly! They won't insist on stuffing me back in the cocoon! Yippee.

I went from being measured and weighed to trying to do a bit on my horsey and that was about it. But the welcome was great and we had some good laughs. I'm back in circulation. I loved seeing the old gang and catching up on their lives. They are a good bunch!

I was sad to hear that an old friend had died from cancer. I saw Anna just a week or two ago in the doctor's office waiting room. She then had barely enough energy to say hi and a few other words before I was called away by the nurse. I trust she has gone on to a better place. RIP.

I am slowly getting my bearings again. Slow but sure wins the race. Thanks to all of you who are thinking of me. God bless and keep you all. Take care.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oowee! You are fast to get a picture of your worm on the blog! It was such a pleasure to have your presence at the gym again!! You are like a pair of comfy shoes. You make us feel good.

Although I am ready for a nap I am off like a flock of seagulls.

See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on becoming a butterfly! We are so happy for you! I will always laugh when I think of you saying how your pants, (which once were short) are now long...you never bought new clothes. You are very economical!

We are glad you are back!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad and relieved you are feeling better. How did you get such a great picture of the worm. Did Barb give you your worm? I should come back and see what the computer would cough up for me. I also lost 35lbs. Good old diabetes scare did the trick. I wrote you an e-mail. So enough already. Fran.

Anonymous said...

Fran . . I think the computer would "gasp" at your results!!!

Vicki is staying home today so we should stay tuned for another blog posting. . right Vicki?????

Anonymous said...

I saw at the gym that we have 2 birthday's to celebrate very soon! So KW how many candles will be on your cake? Vicki has many more candles that will go on her cake I am sure. We need to set up a party date! I'll make the cake!

Anonymous said...

We don't do Birthdays anymore. The politically correct version is the "anniversary of the 29th Birthday" HAHA

Of course when you get to be as old as Vicki then you are once again proud of your age!

So, am I to assume Jenna won't be joining us for cake????

Anonymous said...

She will have to do without as she is on her way to Duluth for the weekend. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too!

Anonymous said...

KL you are too funny!!!

Vicki . . you can chime in anytime since it IS your blog. We don't mind!!

OR you could post a new blog and get another conversation going. Coffee seems to be a good subject. I told Tim to check out the coffee in the Ukraine.