Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Blogging, Beautiful Blogging



This is a picture of my wonderful sister, Fran. I just wanted to place it here to catch her attention. If she isn't checking my blog, she should be. You never know what I will include. So - all of you out there - treat me well, or I might put your picture in my blog. Not that Fran doesn't treat me well. She does. But she abandoned me for the big city, so she has to be prepared to take her knocks. I presume she will simmer down before she gets near enough to me to be a problem.

What do you think, Karen? Am I getting out of control with my staying home, coughing, and endless reading? Well, if I am, I will have to let it out in blogland. I have missed innumerable exercise sessions (well, not innumerable, but several) and some meetings, church services, etc.

The great thing about being retired (for me) is that I try no longer to do the things I ought to do, but only the things I want to do. The exercise part I want to do because of the fun (yes, Karen, I said fun) people I have met there. It's nothing but a delight.

Now, if I can shake this bug and get back to doing what I want to do, I will be thoroughly ecstatic. I will even be able to look forward to the belly dancing class. Wahoo. Maybe I am getting out of control. One can only hope.

1 comment:

Izzy said...

you and your sis look a lot alike. must be that strong norwegian blood of yours! thank the lord that I have 3/8 norwegian blood in me...i don't know if i could go out in public with any more german blood.
isaac

p.s. i feel that heritage and blood lines are diminishing faster than the ozone layer. soon, we (as in the people in the future) will all be mutts and/or not know what it means to be a specific ethnicity.