Friday, March 03, 2006

Favorite Minnesota Lake



I am trying to enter this painting in the juried show at the Lake Region Arts Council Gallery. It is a painting I did of the lake at Scenic State Park, our favorite place in all the world. I priced it high hoping that no one will buy it, and if they do, it will be enough to assuage my sorrow. This painting thing is so interesting.. to paint so that it is interesting to you. Once I was able to paint semi realistically, I no longer really wanted to! "Been there done that" kind of feeling. I am beginning to feel that I will go back and do it again. Yes. I think I will. Especially when summer is here and I can do it plein aire. We haven't been camping for awhile, so we can do it again. I will take all of the paraphernalia for painting with me and we will set up a screen tent and I will paint.

We sleep in our conversion van and set up two screen tents... one for cooking and the other for painting and reading and just lolling around. It is a great thing to do. Yup. This summer.

Meanwhile, I will take three pictures of paintings up to Fergus Falls this morning and then we will eat Chinese food for lunch. Sounds like a plan. Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, I hope no one buys it either!!!!! N