Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Fine Balance


I mentioned the book about India called "A Fine Balance." Although I painted this painting sometime before I read the book, I knew it depicted what Mistry meant - "There is a fine balance between hope and despair." This painting is now in the collection of Randy and Ginger Fletcher, but it still speaks strongly to me, as did the book.

I have been whining enough, now, about coughing and sore throat, etc. and it's about time I get more realistic and think of those who are really having a tough time to survive. Why did I luck out and live where I lived in a family who believed in educating the girls as well as the boys? I have had so many freedoms which are denied the women of other countries. I have always had enough and then some to eat. I can purchase books to read, and if not purchase, there are always the libraries. I am free to worship God as I choose without problem. I have had a cushy life.

I am making it my business to enjoy my life to the fullest and give thanks to God for his many blessings to me. I hope that I can make a contribution to the happiness of others in the days which follow. The trick is to find those who my particular gifts will bless. I pray God to get in there and show me who, when and where.

The first step will be fascinating. "A Fine Balance" will be necessary. And then, who knows?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Miss Vicki;

This is one girl whom you Bless! I enjoy your sense of humor and your artistic abilities!

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I echo the last comment. Don't know how I'd manage without your love and support. You are the best! love you