Saturday, March 18, 2006

Cof, Cof

I feel awful. I wonder how many people feel that way after over indulging in green beer and pretzels. I only have a cold, but I feel miserable. Sore throat and cough. sigh.

I am trying to make up a book list of favorites. I am working on it. I have come up with some mystery writers. Of course, the old favorites are John MacDonald with his Travis McGee series and the Nero Wolfe books by Rex Stout. The Travis McGee ones hold up better than the Nero Wolfe ones do, I think. Of the new writers, Robert Crais with his Elvis Cole and Joe Pike characters and Tony Hillerman with the wonderful feeling of the Arizona desert. For a "one-off" I loved "Smilla's Sense of Snow" by Peter Hoeg.

Ok. Enough already for today. I am heading for my recliner, Kleenex and cough drops. By tomorrow I should feel much better. May you be protected from all the bugs wandering the universe. Cof. cof.

No comments: