Saturday, March 25, 2006

Oofta


I want you to feel my pain. This cold has got me down. This is a picture of me after I had my eyes "done." And it should give you some idea of how horrible I feel from this cold, as well as discouraging any one else from having surgery on their eye lids. I had to have mine done as the eyelids were starting to refuse to stay open. Not good if you like to read or watch television. But I can't quite see doing surgery just for appearances. This should discourage you. I hope it doesn't keep you from ever opening this blog again. Oofta.

Well. I had the worst night last night of my ordeal of this cold. Sore throat and coughing all night. Bummer. And I have to confess that as I look at that terrible picture of me, it makes me laugh. A variation of schadenfreude, Izzy. Anything to raise my spirits. Sigh.

Have a good day. Right. Cough, cough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mom, you are one of a kind! n

Izzy said...

yes, truly one of a kind! i used to take pictures of myself in my most miserable state, too (i.e. face swollen shut, impetigo, hives). however, i don't think i could ever find myself feeling any sort of schadenfreude from that picture, unless of course it was subtitled "you should've seen the other guy."

hope you start to feel better,
isaac