Tuesday, April 25, 2006

2nd blog for today!

I have had quite a day. Meandered to Alex and found a fantastic sale on natural fiber clothes. 50% of 50% off for today. In other words, 75% off. Wow. I even found a scarf for belly dancing class. However, I may not make the class as I have a feeling we're heading to Mpls on Thursday. Stay tuned for the latest news. If I do leave the neighborhood ahead of time, we will have to stage a picture so that I can keep my word, right, Karen?

I misused a word in my earlier post today. I said we could mow with no impunity. I meant with no penalty. Impunity means exemption from punishment, so I - in effect - said with no no penalty. the no is redundant. Am I right? All you wordsmiths out there, what about it? Check it out. Whaddya think? Can I continue writing my blog with impunity? Well, that's an entirely different matter. Take it easy on this marvelous spring day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's true the no is redundant. "We can mow with impunity" would be correct.