Saturday, April 08, 2006

Takin' it easy


These two are our guests this week! Chillin' out and having a rest. Great fun. Another friend took us out for smelt. Yes, you heard it - smelt. If you're from around here you know what I'm talking about. Little fish deep fried whole and dipped in wonderful tartar sauce as you eat the crispy little critters. It is definitely an acquired taste, but our friends have taken us each year until we finally agree that it is a delicacy. Of course, there's smelt and then there's smelt. Like everything else, some prepare it better than others. We went to the annual affair at Parker's Prairie which was absolutely yummy and is the best offering of smelt around here in my opinion.

Half way through the dinner I developed a killer nose bleed. Oofta. Naomi and I went out and applied cold compresses, etc., and finally got it under control. I think I better cut back a bit on my blood thinner!

I am stuffed from eating too much, so I think I will just go and chill out in my recliner. I'm going to take it easy.

2 comments:

Izzy said...

ah smelt. the beauty that is anything fried! next time you go be sure to eat a helping for me.

izzy

p.s. i heard naomi is heading abroad. where/what is she doing? my parents mentioned something, but not enough.

Anonymous said...

Isaac--Tony and I are going to go to Tanzania for 4 months to teach at a Maasai girls school there! Then when we get back we plan to road trip in the US. I plan on making a blog for the travels, so I'm sure my mom will let you know when it's up and running...