Saturday, April 22, 2006

Saturday

This is a great day for me. I have managed to do most of the things I have promised to do. I went to Poetry Night instead of to belly dancing. Our Evansville Arts Coalition has held this event for 9 years and I have gone to every one, I think. Next year will be the big 10 so we will have to try to do something spectacular to mark the event. It is so much fun and is well attended by people from the whole area. The arts is so important for our society's advancement. We need the emphasis as the schools seem to cut the arts the first pinch of money woes. Not good. It is the arts that keep us all human. We can have different religions, but our insistance on the soul is what keeps us human. Making money is not the be all and the end all of life. No. Appreciation for the arts is IT. It keeps us real and human.

Then I have done whatever writing people wanted me to do to contribute the book celebrating our 125th year of existence as a town. In July will be the celebration. Yippee.

I have started painting again. I had so much preparation for the presentation I gave on May Stevens that I had let my painting go. One cannot do painting because one should. One can paint when one has an idea about it. I am presently painting pears because I feel like painting pears and George happened to bring four beauties home the other day. When I have a painting done I will put a picture of it on this blog. What fun. Pears are sensuous creatures to me. I know they are not creatures, but they seem so to me.

Have a wonderful spring weekend. The weather is chilly but sunny. Yippee-kai-yai!

No comments: