Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Zen anyone?


This is a painting I did inspired by a book about the zen of creative painting. I was to close my eyes and imagine an empty bench and wait to see who would come to sit on my bench. I proceeded to wait ... and wait .... and wait. And noone ever came.. so I called the picture "The Empty Bench!" Originality reigns supreme. I realize that it is rather sad, but I also find it rather hilarious. Go figure.

I am in seventh heaven because my speech went great and now I feel like I did after all my exams were over in college. Footloose and fancy free, or something. On to the next thing. Which is to hustle myself into clothes and go to the gym to exercise (lightly) and laugh (uproariously) with my exercise buddies. Life is good.

1 comment:

Izzy said...

i dig the painting. can you give me a lesson when i come back? i will pay you in japanese yen....let's say 100 yen?

i'm going camping this weekend in the mountains of ueno village. Also, I am going to make pots with some of my students. probably update you on it later. have a good one,

isaac