Monday, April 17, 2006

How to do it?

Now I'm embroiled in the preparation period of giving a speech about an artist. I will be giving a talk about May Stevens tomorrow at the Art of the Lakes meeting. I have done lots of study, but how to get the nugget of why I find her a fascinating artist over to the listeners. I am going to make reproductions of a few of her paintings. It will be hard to get across because her paintings are enormous. eight feet by 18 feet, some of them. I was so fortunate to hear her talk and visit her paintings at the Minneapolis Art Institute about a year ago. Then I bought a book which accompanied the art exhibit's travel to various venues. I was smitten.

How to pass my enthusiasm to my audience, that's the question. Well, I must get to work and make my plans. Guess I'll procrastinate and read a bit more in My Nero Wolfe mystery. I am a master at procrastination. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the apple does not far fall from the tree...