Friday, April 14, 2006

Groan

Well, it's going to take quite a bit to transform this stocky Scandinavian into a lithe and sinuous mid-eastern belly dancer. All my preconceived notions were right on target. Being 75 years old with bad feet and knees doesn't help, either. I feel like a piece of tenderized steak this morning. That proves it is definitely good for me, but I at least don't feel like I missed my calling. After I got over feeling ridiculous (well, truth be told, I never did get over feeling ridiculous) I gave it my best shot. Not good enough, but I'm still willing to try some more. In spite of all the frou frou, it is a great way to stretch muscles I didn't even know I had. Whether I can make them rotate, now that's the question. Stay tuned for pictures and more info next week. Why, why do I let myself get into these strange situations. Curiosity, for one thing, and the lack of my weekly "no" pill. I have to be more religious in taking that medication. No, no, no, ho, ho, ho. right.

Yesterday Pastor Irv went to the airport in Mpls/St. P to pick up Greta. After extended stays in Japan, and other such countries, she is back in Minnesota. Welcome! I followed her adventures on her pepyride website with great interest. Glad she got back safe and sound.
The kids nowadays (how is that for an old geezer's remark) do seem to travel far and wide. My own kids have been in Africa, Europe, Japan, Korea, Cyprus, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, France (Oh, I guess that's Europe) and Bahrain. Goodness. On our 50th wedding anniversary year our kids sent us on a trip to Europe and we went to museums! Wahoo.

And we have made a yearly trek to Canada for fishing and camping trips. And we lived in Brazil for five years. Add Brazil to the kid's list above. Anyway, I think the mobility of today is amazing. It also spells danger with the easy travel of pestilence and plague. Isn't it strange how most positives have a negative lurking in the wings, and vice verse. Oh, well. (Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative and don't mess with Mr. in-between.)

Have a wonderful day. Sunny again here.

No comments: