Thursday, April 13, 2006

Today's the Day

Ok. From now on I will not only be "Still Kickin'," I will be "Still Dancin'." Yup. Tonight is my first Belly Dancing Class. I will be sure to give you a comprehensive report tomorrow, if I am still able to sit at the computer and type. I presume I will be even more able to proceed with my life after such an endeavor, but just in case - It's been good to know ya.

One of the problems that presents itself in the contemplation of the class is what to wear. Although that is often a concern, this time it is an unprecedented mystery. All of the scenes from the old movies of mid-east bistro belly dancers race into my mind and I have a vision of scarves and gold bangles and body piercings - long before piercings became common place in the US - even in backwater Minnesota. I am reassured by my compadres that all I need to wear is my usal garb - just something comfortable. So I believe jeans and a T-shirt are called for. Or????????? Who knows what sort of inspiration I will achieve by tonight. That, too, will be explained tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day. Sunshine reigns triumphant here today.

1 comment:

Izzy said...

can you take pictures? i realize this comment is probably to late for requests...you are probably bellying about as i write this.
hope your having fun!
izzy