Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Camping


Camping is one of the things we do best. I had never gone camping in any real sense until I married George. I avow that he is the world's best camper. I just go along for the fun and do the cooking and clean-up. He puts up the tents and does all the other work that camping entails. We sleep in our van and have two screen tents. One for eating and cooking and the other for reading or painting. We have a love of camping places near to a lake. You might think that that is not difficult to find, but you would be wrong. Many camp spots are a little clearing surrounded by trees. Claustrophobic me does not like such spots and we steer clear of them. We have the absolutely most marvelous spot and are heading for it the first week in August. You can apply to come with us if you wish. We have to "vet" you before we give you permission to enter Eden with us. Yowsah. and Wahoo.

I don't know when I have enjoyed the coming of Spring as much as I have this year. It is such fun to see George doing his usual chores in the yard. He was very ill this winter, so the fact that he is so much better now is a joy. It makes us appreciate every little thing. A person should always live like that, but it takes a nice little scare to drive it home. Yowsah and Wahoo.

Have a wonderful day. Enjoy your friends and family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to be camping up north with you folks. My arduous Central days will be at an end and all of my adventures will be just ahead! I'm happy that Dad is having fun puttering around outside, can't wait till he comes to help me do the MAJOR puttering that our yard needs!

Izzy said...

i remember meeting you guys up north one time with my dad, bro and sis. i forget where it was, but i remember picking choke cherries or black berries. oh, and it was next to a lake. i was young and had no mind for details other than the frogs i caught and the smores i ate.

i am going camping sometime soon! YIPPEE!!

isaac