Monday, April 10, 2006

Summertime, and the livin is easy...

I look out in the backyard and see my husband de thatching the lawn. He looks great. After some illness this winter it is such a relief to see him looking well and doing his usual stuff. When you get to be our age (OLD) you do not take any of this for granted, but thank God for each opportunity to do the usual stuff. It is not unusual for us to say, "If we live to see.... the springtime, or the garden, or whatever." All of it is a gift from God.

Yesterday was a meeting of our birthday club. We met for dinner, gifts to the honoree, and a trip to the live outdoor passion pageant put on at Zion Lutheran Church in Alexandria. It was a raw and windy day so I got chilled, but it was very well done and interesting. Very well attended, too, which was nice for them after the obviously busy time they had put in to get ready for this event. After I came home, I wrapped my self in a quilt that my mother made. It has wool batting which is very warm, and the memories of mother's love makes it even more comfy. It took me several hours to get over the chill. Today I am fine!

Naomi and Tony are planning a trip to Tanzania next winter to teach at a girls' school there. Naomi will teach English and Tony math. They are volunteers and will be looking for some donations to help finance their time there as well as their travel costs. I hope it will be a very fulfilling adventure for them as well as a help for the school. More details will follow as time goes on. Have a wonderful day, and notice all the small things. Don't take them for granted!

No comments: