Friday, May 26, 2006

Citrus Sauce


As usual, I gained a recipe at this workshop. Strange how at every get together of women, someone is cooking! I can see innumerable uses for Judy's sauce. It seems to be a variation on my mother's sauce that she called a hard sauce and used on bread pudding sometimes. It is great on almost anything I would think - At the workshop, we had it with whipped cream on angel food cake to celebrate Sarah's birthday!

Sarah and Judy: daughter and mother!

Judy's Sauce

Juice of 1 orange, 1 lemon, and 1 lime (which equals about 1 cup.) Zest from the orange and lemon as you like it. (do not make zest from the lime, and remember to make the zest BEFORE you cut up the fruit!)
1 cup sugar (she thought you could use Splenda if you wished)
1 egg well beaten
All together in sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring off and on, (on and off is also permissable), for about 5 minutes until it becomes creamy. Then use it, put it in the refrigerator and use it again until it is gone. Won't take long!

As I am writing this, I realize it takes right up from the Mother/Child theme of last week. I am remembering my mother's cooking, and showing a recipe used to fete a child's birthday. These relationships make the world go round.

I will show some more stuff from this workshop at the next posting. I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»