Wednesday, May 17, 2006

More Mother/Child


We had a wonderful time last Saturday at our "do" at the Coffeehouse Art Center. This Friday and Saturday from 10:30 to 3:30 we will be offering an opportunity for the populace to see this wonderful exhibit again.

Yesterday I heard a talk about the Mexican artist, Diego Rivera, and went to an art show. I am really getting submerged in the rivers of art! When you get back in this neck of the woods, Izzy, I could give you a few art lessons. It might be fun. I was Spanish teacher for both Greta and John, so it should be your turn anyway. I do think the art would be more fun.

Well, I stayed up late last night to finish reading our book for book club which will be on Friday. It is a long out of print book called "The Cowboy and the Cossack." I loved it. What a story. Now I have to take pains to keep the book together. It is an old yellow dried out paperback for which I paid $18.90 plus tax, shipping and handling! Supply and demand at work. I dropped it and it split in two. So far I will just put it in a box or wrap it in string... and wait until someone wants to very carefully read it. Any takers?

Take care. The beautiful sunny day has inspired George to plant flowers: pansies and New Guinea impatiens. On a different note, I saw a starling attack a martin today, drag it out of the martin house and throw it to the ground. The martin is still living, but barely. You can imagine my feelings about the starling. And my sympathy for the beautiful martin. oofta.

2 comments:

Izzy said...

what about spanish art lessons? that would be awesome!

last friday i ran into a guy from mexico at the traffic center (i had to get a japanese driver's license). we talked in a mix of spanish, japanese, and english for about 45 minutes. it was so much fun and made me realize how much i miss my native second language, espanol--mi amor.

get a BB gun and shoot that starling,
isaac

Anonymous said...

I'll read it Mom! You know I'm always up for a good story. Love you, N