Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Home Stretch

I am enjoying myself. This morning I got all dressed up for class and George nixed my outfit as too outlandish to go into the grocery store after class - so I chose a still colorful but more modern garb. The outfit I took off is a multicolored (loud) long dress. I love it, but it is a little bit off the wall. So then I put on my black slacks, a hot pink tank top that I've had for at least 20 years, and a new multi-colored jacket that will knock your sox off. And hot pink hoop earrings. So I am still colorful, but a little bit more conventional. And my husband is very pleased. Let that be a lesson to you. Do a thoroughly outrageous thing first, and then the little less outrageous seems more acceptable.

Our class went out to eat together last night: the ladies of the Alexandria Brush and Palette Club, and our teacher, Katia Andreeva. Google her and you will see some of her art, I think. I haven't done it yet, but the ladies say it is great. She has illustrated 27 books. Wow. I like her and I like her teaching style. I am also enjoying getting back into watercolor a bit.

I will take photos today and include some of them in the days to follow. Have a wonderful fun- filled spontaneous day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your theory to do the totally outrageous thing first ~ then the less outrageous won't seem so far out there! I will have to store that in my memory bank for a strategic moment!!!!

Wish I could see your adorable outfit!!

Love
Karen

Izzy said...

wow. that same theory worked for me when testing out clothes with my mom.

can't wait to see some pics of what you're raving about!

isaac