Monday, May 15, 2006

The Day After

Well, we're in the I won't put your picture on the blog page mode again. I am very disgusted that the technology isn't perfect every time. Right. We have all gotten so impatient. Dial up for e-mail is considered too slow, so "every one" (of course, that is an overstatement) is getting the other faster service. I - who remember well typing with carbon paper for copies and having to start over if I made a mistake, as the pages had to be perfect for a lawyer's copy - think any speed is fast enough, but I do get irritated when stuff is gobbled up or doesn't work. However, I think I can control my irritation and continue to use the blog!

Now, if you are still reading after that long diatribe, I take my hat off to you. It is the day after Mother's Day! I talked to both my kids on the phone, although we were unable to get together in person. George took me to the movies and we had popcorn! Life is good.

We saw MI 3. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is the villain in this movie and I am so liking him to play Nero Wolfe. He could BE Nero instead of mounting a caracature of him. (By the way, I cannot find the word caracature spelled that way or any other conceivable way in the dictionary. Can anyone help me?) We can always make him gain weight with abracadabra stuff. Now we're trying to think of who could play Saul Panzer. Any suggestions? Owen Wilson for Archie, so far. Someone suggested George Clooney, but he is too long in the tooth, I think.

Well, off to my day. The gym and a few errands first. Then I have to get serious about reading my book club book. We meet on Friday.

1 comment:

Izzy said...

caricature...i looked it up.

sorry for keeping you waiting on the izzy blog. i have been a busy boy over here. lots of stuff keeping me busy. i finally got around to posting...hope you like it.

isaac