Saturday, May 27, 2006

Reinvigorated!


At my workshop I was doing my usual lame thing... I left the photo I was going to use as inspiration at home on the table, so I cruised around glancing at the files of photos that everyone else had for an idea for a landscape. Doris Judson had a beautiful moody picture of a tobacco barn which she agreed to share with me. All grays and gray clouds and imminent doom. So I took that and promptly made the size and conformation different and the colors bright. Go figure. I think it is still a sort of moody picture, though, although I don't quite know what the mood might be. What should the title be? Oh, and Izzy? The size is 15 inches by 11 inches, watercolor on Fabriano Artistico paper, 300 lb.

As much as I was bellyaching about being intimidated by workshops, I find that I am intensely energized by them. I woke up early this morning rarin' to go. Wahoo. I am straightening and organizing my art room and trying to figure out how to get it under control. It is growing like the beanstalk in Jack's tale, and I have to at least prune it so it doesn't take over the entire basement. First there are three or more (MORE) kinds of paint, and several different kinds of pencils and pastels and papers for collage work and, and, and. Then the brushes. Oofta. And the already painted and framed pictures to say nothing about those which are not yet framed. Double oofta. So I am heading down hoping to be able to report massive progress to you by the next post. And I will include the other watercolor I did at the workshop.

I hope all of the students at our workshop had as much fun as I did and feel the energizing effects I do. And, most of all, I wonder how exhausted Katia is. She was a sweet person and an awesome teacher. Double Wahoo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the color of the field! Can't wait to see it in person (and you too of course!) love ya...

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»