Friday, May 12, 2006

Good Morning


Another pear. Go figure.
It is 1 o'clock in the morning and I am not the least bit sleepy.
For our book club this month we are reading a book called "The Cowboy and the Cossack" by Clair Huffaker. It is important to know the author, as there is another book with the same name by a different author as one of our book club members found out to her chagrin. Our book is one that was written in the 1970's and is in short supply. I purchased an old yellowed paperback from Amazon.com for a mere $18.90. It is the favorite book of one of our members, and so far it is living up to its advanced billing. I am interspersing a Nero Wolfe volume as I cannot quit cold turkey. Soon enough I will have read through all of those I have and will HAVE to quit, anyway. Then I have a whole stack of other books that I can read. What riches!

We have many of our mother/child paintings hung at the gallery. We have other 3d artwork arranged in a showcase. The tea on Saturday should be wonderful. I will try to include some pictures of the occasion on my blog.

The weather is blustery and wet. Fishing opener will be tough for those who love to spend it on a lake. Fishing widows can come to our tea at the Coffeehouse Art Center in downtown Evansville. Wahoo. Saturday at 10 or 2.

No comments: